Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Stone's Throw from Sane...

Well, bloggy buddies, sorry it has been so long since my last post. I didn't even get to do a favorite song Friday last week. Boo! It has been a hectic week in the Shackleford home. My sweet husband has been battling a kidney stone. This is his second one. The first he had four years ago, and it had to be broken up by laser. This one we are still - STILL - trying to pass. Please pray that he can pass that thing tonight. We are headed to the doctor tomorrow morning to see what he thinks is the next step if Josh hasn't passed it by then.

Also, I have been had a couple writing jobs lately, so that has been taking up some of my time. I am thankful for it, though! I enjoy writing advertising or human interest pieces, and that is what I have been doing lately on the side. For my most recent job I earned $100 plus a night stay and dinner at a beautiful Inn in Lewisburg, WV, about 1 hr away from us. Check it out and stay there if you ever have opportunity - it is fantastic all around! The food, the rooms, the service - everything is great! And it has a great history. Here's the link... http://generallewisinn.com/

So, I will do my best to get a favorite song on here Friday! Check back for more blog posts, and tell your friends about "It's an Adventure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment