Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine's Day Post...


Well, today’s the day - Valentine’s Day! I must admit, it’s never been my favorite holiday. I do enjoy it more now than ever, though…thanks to my man. He is truly the best. And he makes Valentine’s Day special for me.
I really liked a quotation I read this morning by Ann Landers.
"Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is a loyalty through good and bad. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses."
Wow, isn’t that the truth? I’m not perfect. Josh isn’t perfect. Neither are you or your spouse. And that is something we need to remember. Just because someone slips up doesn’t mean it’s time to leave. We’re finished. It’s time, rather, to forgive. To realize that, hey, we all make mistakes, and next time it will probably be me. Then I will want understanding and forgiveness.
There is no greater example of this than our Savior, Jesus Christ. He knows us better than anyone, yet He loves us more than anyone. Amazing, isn’t it?
I hope everyone enjoys this special day with loved ones…whether you are married, dating, single – whatever the case may be. It really doesn’t matter. Love is universal.
I, for one, will be enjoying the evening with my buddy, who is bringing dinner home to me…and we will be cheering on the Mountaineers tonight from the comfort of our couch! (After all, this isn’t just Valentine’s Day, it’s also BIG MONDAY for all of my fellow NCAA basketball fans.) Let's Gooooooo...!


No comments:

Post a Comment