Friday, March 11, 2011

"No Guilt in Life...No Fear in Death..."

Well, I finally had time to pick a favorite song on this fine "Favorite Song Friday!" And I am so glad I did, because this song just blesses me every time I hear it and makes me want to shout! In Christ Alone is its name. You should hear it playing now, as I added it as #1 on my blog play list.
I used one of my favorite lines of this song as the title for this post. "No guilt in life, no fear in death. This is the power of Christ in me. From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny." PRAISE THE LORD, He is so good. What a gift - to save us, not only from an eternity in hell, but also from an earthly life filled with guilt and uncertainty.
I could go on all day about my favorite lines in this song..."He is my light, my strength, my song..." "What heights of love - what depths of peace - when fears are stilled, when strivings cease...my Comforter, my ALL IN ALL..."  Maybe I should type out the words to the whole song ? :)
Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I know I will for several reasons: 1. Tonight is date night. 2. Shopping with mom on Saturday. 3. Having dinner with the family for mom's birthday (which is MONDAY, so if you will see or talk to my mom between now and then, please wish her a happy one!) 4. Church Sunday.
Hmmmm...the only things that could make this weekend better would be 70 degree, sunny weather and another Big East Championship for my Mountaineers. But, hey, since that's not gonna happen, I guess I will look at the bright side...enjoy the 50-degree weather and say, Let's go, Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment