Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Catching Up...


It’s been a crazy long time since I blogged. I miss it. I want to write more often. I’m gonna try to get a post in here and there. I dare not set myself a schedule, because we have enough of that going on in the Shackleford residence these days. So, catching up…

 

What’s new with Jaxon? Well, he’s a whopping 14 months old now. He’s walking, running – sprinting, even! And we are trying to keep up with him. He keeps us laughing. That kid has a super personality coupled with a super temper at times. I think he got that from mommy and daddy equally. Jaxon loves lots of things – especially trains (both Chuggington and Thomas), Mickey, any type of ball, shooting hoops, playing outside, eating pretty much everything when he wants to, and generally anything else little ones enjoy. He has at least seven teeth, but he won’t let me check things out in that mouth of his! He sleeps very well, gives sweet loves (when he wants to) and is his dad’s biggest fan (If you don’t count me…). I could write ALL DAY about Jaxon. He is growing and learning so much each day.

 

What’s new with momma? My time is 100% monopolized by two handsome men. Then there’s the house, the laundry, the dishes (which Josh so graciously does MOST of the time for me because I hate it so), church stuff, and my 32-hour-a-week day job as an Administrative Assistant. LIFE! It is so crazy and even more wonderful. Most days I feel like I am not so good at this, but the Lord is helping me daily. If I had to pick one word that describes me right now it would be THANKFUL.   

 

What’s new with daddy? He’s amazing, as per usual. Always working hard for us. Making me happy, and keeping Jaxon laughing. Always busy being our real-life super hero. Jaxon looks just like him, and I surely hope he grows up acting just like him, too.

 

Josh and I are learning a lot about a variety of things right now. Parenting is a jungle we are exploring cautiously. It has its hard moments, but we are grateful that God has blessed us with such an awesome little buddy. He is truly wonderful and just a good boy most all the time. He has his rough patches, just like any little one does. But he is a good boy.  Having him has caused us to think about and question a lot of things personally – from God stuff to every day decisions. Now, I don’t mean we are questioning God as in why He does this or that. I mean questioning things we’ve been taught growing up, whether it be standards or other things. We are finally in the stage of life where it is important to ask WHY and be given a good, clear answer. It won’t be long before Jaxon is asking us why. Josh and I both agree there are definitely times when we will give the classic, “because I said so” answer. But we also agree there are times we want to explain the reason why. We continue to learn and grow.

 

In a word (or three) life is good. Moving forward, I intend for this blog to be a place where I chronicle every day life. In the midst of the “normal stuff,” though, I want to share with you my spiritual thoughts and ways that the Lord is working in my life as a wife, mom and Christian. Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment