Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Riddle for You.

What comes in multiple sizes, is multi-colored and multiplies at rapid rates? Come on – you must know this one. Especially all you moms out there…any ideas? LAUNDRY of course! Seriously. Josh and I don’t have kids yet, but I am already starting to wonder – when will I ever find the time to do all of the laundry that they bring with them?! We already seem to have so much already. Where does it all come from? I have yet to figure it out.
Honestly, though – laundry is not a difficult task. I don’t have to leave the house to do it. I mean, COME ON. You take it to the laundry room, sort it, pitch in a load and leave. Then you come back, toss the previous load in the dryer, throw another load in the washer and leave AGAIN. And repeat. But even in its simplicity, I loathe it. [Can I get an Amen?] And even though I purpose to do better next time, I still manage to wait until we are wearing our “not-so-favorite” socks and underwear before the urgency kicks in. Maybe I should have titled this blog “Loathing Laundry…”
I will admit, however, that doing laundry has given me one good thing – an even greater appreciation for my mom. Surely she hated the task as much as I do now!? She had to hate it even more, actually, because I made it so much harder on her. I remember changing clothes and thinking, I’ll just throw this in the dirty-clothes hamper. I don’t feel like hanging it up. [Sorry, mom!]  That is EVIL – just plain EVIL, I tell ya. And lazy, too. Had I been a good child, my thought processes would’ve gone something more like this – My mom works so hard, and I know this shirt is as clean as it was when I put it on this morning. I will hang it up. But even in the abundance of laundry [both dirty and not-so-dirty] we piled on her, somehow mom always had it done just when we needed it. How did she do that? Guess I will figure it out someday.
In the mean time…here’s to you, Momma, for keeping my clothes clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment